In the past, Noise Cancelling headsets have set the standard for suppressing unwanted ambient noise using a technology called Active Noise Control (ANC). Most people associate Noise Cancelling headsets with those used by consumers on airplanes or other noisy environments to reduce the ambient noise so they can listen to music or sleep quietly.
Active Noise Cancelling Hearing Protection vs. SENS
Active Noise Control technology has been adopted by a number of hearing protection products BUT there is an inherent flaw in its application in high noise environments where hearing protection is required. Active Noise Control may reduce noise but it reduces the user’s ability to hear speech and remain aware of their surroundings.
Sensear’s Revolutionary SENS® (Speech Enhancement, Noise Suppression) Hearing Protection And Communication Technology
SENS® takes noise cancellation to a whole new level. By isolating and enhancing speech while reducing harmful background noise, users can hear speech and stay protected whilst remaining aware of their surrounding in high noise environments.
This technology brings low noise hearing experiences into high noise environments by enabling users to communicate effectively, remain aware of their surrounding while protecting their hearing. SENS® delivers three critical benefits in one technology.
Key Features of SENS Technology
1. COMPLETE HIGH NOISE COMMUNICATION SOLUTION: Wonders of SENS® Technology
- Face to Face – anyone in vicinity
- Short Range – up to 50 metres (164 feet) to another Sensear user (Short Range: headset-to-headset)
- Long Distance – Easy connection
- Two Way Radio or Bluetooth (Cell Phone, two-way radio, tablet, etc.)
2. HEAR SPEECH (WITHOUT CLIPPING) IN ANY NOISE:
- Intermittent – workshop, machinery, heavy vehicles
- Continuous – compressor, motors, pumps
- Impact – hammer, gunshot, explosion
3. CERTIFIED MAXIMUM OUTPUT “TO THE EAR” OF 82dB IN NOISE UP TO 110dB
4. MAINTAIN SITUATIONAL AWARENESS AND DETERMINE NATURE, DISTANCE AND DIRECTIONALITY OF ALL SOUNDS INCLUDING:
5. INTEGRATED FM RADIO & EASY CONNECTION TO MP3 PLAYERS AND OTHER AUDIO DEVICES (ALSO LIMITED TO 82DB)
6. ENHANCES HEARING FOR WORKERS WHO HAVE ALREADY SUFFERED HEARING LOSS, WHILST STILL AFFORDING THEM PROTECTION
7. OTHER ADVANCED FEATURES:
- Hands free communication with VOX activation
- Li-Ion battery offering up to 24 hours of continuous use before recharge
- No External Antenna required
- Voice navigated menus